I've watched the first video called "Build a school in the Cloud" by a leading authority in this field Sugata Mitra. He covered a lot of ground in the essential question" What future of learning will we have?"
1. It's a common knowledge that schools used the same methods of students' organization in order to make them always crack the books and be a know-it-all. He take the view that the approach which includes the elements of enforcement isn't the right one. In this case, schools just demonstrate an ability to produce identical people for the most popular occupations. Schools as we know them are obsolete. It means that a well-constructed system can't be used any more.
2. Sugata Mitra snowed considerable initiative in the field of finding the completely new method of learning. It's about the hole in the wall where the computer was located. The experiment was carried out in different countries. It showed the ability to study without attending schools and spending a wide range of time in the auditorium.
3. The key of effective learning is the encouragement. The punishment and examination are seen as threats by our brain.
4. SOLE - self -organized learning environment. Teachers should raise the questions and children shoul find the answers on their own.
Also, the second video has a great deal of useful information connected with ideas how to be a quick learner and have a thirst for knowledge on a regular basis.
1. Some students can't keep up with their tasks and as a result they fall behind with optional and core subjects. Unfortunately, these students drop out of high school.
2. A good learner should have a natural desire to study and be motivated.
3. Also, students have to pass the exams which can be really stiff.
4. The school system should encourage people to hit the books. So, the curriculum must be diverse and with lots of additional activities.
I honestly think, that the government should cut down on the amout of the unnecessary subjects. Students just cram these subject the night before. So, there is no sense in learning it by heart and forget in 2 days. Moreover, students should develop their talents and make a contribution to a future profession. It's not about only the top mark. It's my firm conviction that the enforcement is an obstacle for your education too . Also, students shouldn't burn the midnight oil.